Why hire movers? With so many moves happening through this month and next, we get a lot of clients asking us about the benefits of hiring movers. While it does cost money — for example, hiring Two Men & A Truck ranges from $90-$120 an hour for 2 movers plus the truck – it saves time and energy, and often sanity.
Moving on your own is hard, and over time it becomes even more difficult to wrangle friends and family members to help you load up your belongings and unload it (particularly the older you get – no one really wants to risk pulling something or throwing something out of whack!). The good news is, depending on the size of your home, and how well you organize the boxes and your belongings, movers can be in and out a relatively short time.
We thought we’d share a few other benefits of hiring local movers:
- You’re supporting a local business
- They can do the job in a few short hours (it could take you days)
- Moving companies are reliable, fast, and accountable – it takes the pressure off you so you can relax while they do the heavy lifting
- No heavy lifting means you are less likely to injure yourself (back injuries often occur to inexperienced movers)
- Hassle free – it can be a big challenge (and hassle) to try and move in a few days time with friends and family, with a moving company – there is no muss and no fuss!
We know moving can be taxing, but the joy of owning a new home makes it well worth the trial! We hope our tips to hire movers help, and will go a long way to decreasing the stress of any move.
If you’re in the market for a great Nashville home, we’re here to help! Give us a call at DeSelms Real Estate 615.550.5565.