Cold Weather has arrived in Middle Tennessee, as well as most of the country. If you’re working on weatherizing your home, we’ve culled a few tips to make the most of keeping heat in, and keeping the cool out.
Tips for Safely Winterizing Your Home
- Install Weather Stripping to doors and windows to keep any unwanted, and pesky, breeze out.
- Make sure furniture is not sitting on top of or blocking vents.
- Close curtains when the sun goes down, and keep them open while it’s out to keep natural heat in (this works particularly well in the south/west side of the house – the side facing the sun!).
- Upgrade your curtains to non-vinyl blackout ones to help trap heat in.
- If you have rooms you’re not using as often, keep the doors shut to keep heat in the parts of the home you are using.
- Consider an indoor vegetable and herb garden – both add oxygen to your air, as well as filtering out toxins!
- Have your furnace serviced to make sure it’s keeping toxins out.
There are so many great tips on how to weatherize your home. If you’re looking for more ways, check out these three great blogs!
And if you’re in the market for a great Nashville home this winter, give us a call or drop us a line! We’d love to help you find your forever home.