When preparing to buy or sell your home, we know how important it is to choose the right real estate agent for the job. In today’s world, there are a number of real estate professionals. Chances are, you will have multiple friends and/or family members who can give you referrals. Which is wonderful – it gives you a great place to start when it comes to your research.
Real estate agents are professionals. They’re trained to do their job and do it well. You will be spending a lot of time with the agent you choose, so it’s important to find someone with a strong sales record who you can enjoy working with. This person will also have access to your finances, so choose someone you are comfortable with having that personal financial information.
As you begin your search, here are a few questions to ask your potential real estate agent:
- In which neighborhoods do you primarily work? (And is my neighborhood one you have had success with?)
- How many homes have you closed in my neighborhood?
- Will I be working with you directly? (Will the agent handle all aspects of your transaction or hand it off to an assistant or someone else?)
- Do you work full-time or part-time as a real estate agent?
- How many years have you been a real estate agent?
- Do you work on weekends?
- Can you outline a plan for how we will sell/buy our home and walk me through it?
Remember, if you don’t market your home, it won’t sell. When it comes to vetting an agent, there are no stupid questions. Choose a strong agent who you feel will represent your home well, and you can work with. When in doubt, always trust your gut!
If you’re in the market for a Nashville home, our award-winning real estate agents are here to help. Give us a call or drop us a line to learn more today.