Ready for another post in our Nashville Neighborhood Series? This week we are turning the spotlight on Edgehill, one more option for those looking to live in Nashville. This fun and funky neighborhood has a vibe all its own and has really taken off in recent years.
Here’s what you need to know about Edgehill:
- It’s small – Although not as tiny as the Berry Hill area and Germantown, Edgehill is pretty small. It covers only a few blocks.
- It’s in the center of everything – Edgehill is close to many of Nashville’s hot spots, within walking distance from Belmont, Vanderbilt, and Music Row.
- Business keep moving there – In the past few years, several well known national businesses have moved into the area (J.Crew, Warby Parker). It’s also become home for smaller, local businesses and recording studios. Edgehill is loaded with fun places to visit.
- It’s still evolving – Much of Edgehill’s transformation has taken place in the past 5 years and more is yet to come. This growth is being both embraced and criticized by Nashville natives as there are a number of public housing units in this area. While some welcome the new buildings and homes, others question what will become of the public housing options that are still needed.
- Wide housing price range – There aren’t a lot of options for apartments and condos in Edgehill but there are a number of single-family homes that vary widely. Some are older cottages in need of restoration and some are new construction homes built on lots with previously torn-down structures. Since the whole area is fluctuating, so are the housing prices.
Are you interested in living in Edgehill? Call one of our DeSelms Real Estate agents today at 615.550.5565 and see what options are available for you!