Like all major cities, Nashville has lots of interesting neighborhoods for homeowners to choose from when buying a home. Last week we focused on Nashville’s oldest neighborhood, Germantown. While Germantown is Nashville’s most historic neighborhood, East Nashville has become Nashville’s most well-known neighborhood. Thanks to a laid-back vibe and renewed interest in the area, East Nashville is now one of the most sought areas to live in Tennessee.
For Nashville homeowners looking to buy a home in East Nashville, here are some important facts:
- It’s popular – By popular, we mean hip and only getting hipper. Artists, musicians, and young professional alike have been flocking here for over a decade. Recently, the area has seen an increase in families and retirees. All of which add to its immense appeal for diversity and eccentricity.
- It’s very convenient to Nashville – East Nashville is about 8 minutes from downtown Nashville. Another reason it’s popularity has increased.
- Housing is varied – There are several historical neighborhoods in East Nashville for those who seek an older home. There are also new construction homes popping up all over, as well as town homes, condos and even a few duplexes.
- It has everything – East Nashville is loaded with small businesses, incredible restaurants, coffee shops, retail stores and more. It even has multiple grocery store options, a recreation center, parks and anything else one could need all within it’s zip code.
- It’s getting pricy – The home values in East Nashville have skyrocketed in recent years. There are still homes available, but be prepared to pay a premium. Still, this area is less than Green Hills or some of Nashville’s other popular neighborhoods.
Are you interested in seeing what home are for sale in East Nashville? Give us a call today at DeSelms Real Estate 615.550.5565 and let one of our experienced REALTORS help you find the perfect home!