With roughly 85 people a day moving to Nashville, we thought it would be fun to add some posts to the blog that are exclusively to this city- on people, places, things, and events that are tied directly to it. Whether you’ve lived in Nashville your whole life or just want to know where to take guests, knowing what’s uniquely Nashville will make you practically an expert. Welcome to our first in a series we’re calling Nashville Native and this week we’re looking at the Nashville Sounds!
Fun Facts About The Nashville Sounds
- The Nashville Sounds are a minor league baseball team
- They started in 1978
- They played in Greer Stadium until the end of the 2014 season
- Now they play at the recently completed First Tennessee Park
- They are called the Nashville Sounds as a nod to Nashville’s Music City roots
- They have a guitar shaped scoreboard
- The Sounds mascot is a rooster named Booster
- They have had two Hall of Famers on the team – Barry Larkin and Hoyt Wilhelm
If you are looking for a fun event for the family, or a great opportunity to treat out of town guests to a Nashville experience, take them to a Sounds game! The new stadium is clean, well organized and great for a fun night out. We highly recommend it and since they’re playing through September 1 , there are plenty of games to catch. You may even find your self wanting to watch more than one, like a true Nashville Native.
Ready to move to Nashville and need a house? Call DeSelms Real Estate today at 615.550.5565 and speak to one of our award winning agents about what’s currently on the market and how we can help you find just what you want!