Get ready Franklin – pocket neighborhoods are coming your way and you may never be the same again.
Pocket neighborhoods are essentially just like they sound: small-scale neighborhoods that emphasize more compact housing but bigger community lifestyles. These new neighborhoods have been thriving in various cities thanks to a growing demand of people that want a combination of both urban and suburban living. Many people now want the sense of living in the city, but without the shared walls of a condo or apartment.
The Atlanta based company, Thrive Homes, is developing Ledgelawn Community. Thrive has over 70 years of combined experience in custom home building and has been creating intown neighborhoods for over 10 years.
Ledgelawn consists of 6 all new luxury homes that are within walking distance of downtown Franklin. The homes are being built near the historic Dozier home and will be blended in with the existing neighborhood to maintain the character for which downtown area is so well known.
The styles and sizes of the available homes will vary, appealing to both Baby Boomers and young families. These homes will have smaller lots, which means less yard work and maintenance and more time to spend conversing with neighbors or strolling down to Franklin’s lovely shops and restaurants. While offering plenty of privacy, these pocket neighborhoods also offer a strong sense of community with shared green space and resources.
Fun Facts About Franklin
Here are a few interesting tidbits about this Williamson County town that are part of what adds to the attraction for both locals and visitors alike:
· In October of 2013, Travel + Leisure Franklin was listed as #8 as one of America’s Favorite Towns
· The town was named after Benjamin Franklin
· It is currently the 9th largest city in Tennessee
· Franklin has over 700 acres of parklands
· Downtown Franklin holds 8 annual events each year – a variety of music, festivals, and family outings
· Business Week named Franklin one of The Top 50 Cities to Start a Small Business
· Downtown Franklin is approximately 14 miles from Nashville
· There are a multitude of shops and entertainment within walking distance of the downtown area