***updated April 11,2017
It’s a new month for the Nashville real estate market! We think there are probably several people in the Nashville area who are on the fence about selling their house right now. After all, it’s April and this is spring selling season. We understand many still be hesitant though since usually spring means more competition in the market. Plus, school isn’t over just yet and summer plans are probably locked in place. However we have 10 great reasons to list now…rather than waiting for later:
- The Nashville real estate market is NOT slowing. Homes are selling in days – possibly even hours! It’s no longer taking months. In the past it may have taken 6-12 months to sell a home but that is no longer the case for this area.
- Median prices continue to rise….and rise….and rise. Your home is most likely worth more than you even realize. To find out your home’s value try our FREE home valuation.
- Less inventory = less competition on the market. Traditionally spring is the hot season for real estate but inventory is still low which means sellers have an upper hand. Buyers are ready to move, particularly after waiting through the more traditionally “slow” period of winter.
- Less inventory = higher prices. With less options for buyers, home sellers are getting multiple offers and top dollar.
- School is almost out. This might not seem like a plus at first, but it certainly helps with the stress of moving and transitioning during a school year.
- Buyers want a shorter timeline. Nashville area schools start back early August. Yep, Davidson and Williamson County schools start back the first week or two of August. There are plenty of families hoping to find a house before or near that time!
- More daylight = longer showing hours. Given that natural light makes for the best showing of a house, why not take advantage of the extra hours right now?
- Natural curb appeal – Just like the longer daylight hours, spring provides Nature’s most enhanced curb appeal for Nashville homes. Lush lawns and landscaping are major pluses for first impressions with home buyers.
- More serious buyers. Home sellers are generally only dealing with motivated buyers during currently so there’s little chance of anyone “wasting your time.”
- You’re ready to find your own home. And of course the best reason to ever list a house is because you are ready to sell!
Are you ready to sell your Nashville home? Call DeSelms Real Estate today at 615.550.5565 to talk about getting it ready to list!