It’s officially fall ya’ll! Many home sellers think waiting until next spring is the best plan for selling their home. We happen to think this fall is an incredible time for Nashville home sellers for a variety of reasons. First, there are fewer homes on the market than ever before, which means less competition for home sellers. Second, fall home buyers are serious. That means they are not just looking but are ready to buy, which may mean a swift closing timeline too. Third, a huge reason that spring is a popular time for listing homes is because of the weather. However, in Tennessee we have gorgeous fall weather so there is little chance of snow or bitter winds keeping potential home buyers indoors.
Convinced that fall is great time to sell? We couldn’t agree more and here are some fall home selling tips to help the process along.
A lot of the tips for selling a home in the fall are the same as those in the spring. The difference though is that some of these details make a bigger impact in the fall. Such as:
- Clean yards – Sure, keeping the grass cut in the spring is important but a clean yard is essential in the fall. This may mean extra time with the rake to keep leaves off the lawn. Trim up landscaping and cut back any shrubs or bushes that need to be pruned to keep things looking extra tidy.
- Check the gutters – Don’t forget to clean out gutters and side decks from debris as well. Though you may notice when these areas build up, a potential home buyer will.
- Autumn curb appeal – Time to throw a few mums in pots on the porch or near the front steps. It’s an easy, inexpensive way to add autumnal interest to your overall curb appeal.
- Let there be light – A downside to selling in the fall is the loss of daylight hours. Be sure that your home is well-lit in every room to ensure that it feels cozy and light to buyers.
- Check the HVAC – Time to have your HVAC cleaned or serviced. Since the heat has been off all summer, fall is likely the first time it will be used again. With the mild Fall season of Tennessee, you may not even turn it on until later so don’t let a faulty unit catch you by surprise.
Ready to see about listing your Nashville home this fall? Call DeSelms Real Estate today at 615.550.5565 and let one of our award winning agents answer your questions!