Thoughts of buying or selling your Nashville house this spring?
If you’ve been tossing the idea around to buy or sell in the coming months, we welcome your call to see if we can answer any questions you may have. However, you may also be in the early stages of planning and have no need for us just yet. We understand there’s a natural progression with homebuyers and sellers and you may be at the very beginning. If you aren’t sure where you fall in the process, here are signs it’s definitely time to contact a Real Estate agent:
Buying a house
- You know the market – You’ve been watching the Nashville market for months and have a clear understanding about the prices of homes and inventory available. You are ready to view what’s available in person. You haven’t fallen in love with any specific properties but you know the areas you like.
- You’re pre-qualified – You’ve already gotten pre-qualified, and you are familiar with mortgage options and what you can afford. This means you have a price range and feel confident that you can move toward pre-approval quickly.
- You’ve scouted real estate agents – You’ve started following local agents on Facebook or Instagram and are checking their feeds daily for news. You’ve also asked friends and neighbors for referrals you know just in case the right house pops up.
If you are already doing any of the above it’s time to call an agent! You’re clearly one step away from making your home buying dreams come true. Let an experienced agent make the process easier by finding homes in areas you haven’t considered yet. Plus, agents often know about properties that are soon to hit the market. These homes can be sold without ever making it to the MLS.
Selling a house
- You’re making repairs – You’re already patching holes in the walls, replacing carpet or changing out light fixtures to update the home. You figure even if you don’t sell you can enjoy the changes now. As you make these changes, you recognize that while you still like your home you’ve ready to let it go.
- You’re cleaning and de-cluttering – You’ve tackled the garage and the attic – tossing anything and everything that you no longer need to hold on to. You’re beginning to detach from the stuff you’ve collected and can even imagine boxing up the rest to move out.
- You know the market – You have a decent idea of home sales around you and a general sense of what your home may be worth. You’ve been watching the listings around you and understand the similarities and differences between those homes and your own. You have a realistic idea of what your home could potentially list for based on comparable sales in the neighborhood rather than an idea of what you want to list if for!
- You have a plan – Selling is only one part of the process. Today’s home sellers need to be prepared to move quickly, whether it’s buying an other home or renting for a period of time. If you have your head wrapped around this and know what you want to do, you’re ready!
If you’ve spent time cleaning and repairing the house, you’re already mentally prepping yourself to let it go too. Many home sellers get their homes in its best condition, right before they decide to put it on the market. Right now Nashville homes are moving quickly and for record prices. If you’ve considered that this is the time for you to sell, it’s time to call an agent. Not only can a Real Estate agent help you determine an accurate price, they can provide a timeline for expected closing and help you find another home!
Ready to talk with an experienced Real Estate agent? Call DeSelms Real Estate today at 615.550.5565 and talk to one of our award winning agents!