When buying a home in the Nashville area, homebuyers often have a great deal of questions. This is especially true if for those who are new to the Nashville area. REALTORS can be a great resource for a new homeowner and answer many of the common questions. However, getting the feel for an area is often tough to do based on just questions alone.
Like every major city, Nashville has quite a variety of and neighborhoods. Each area has pros and cons, and each area certainly has its own unique “personality.” Today’s post is dedicated to highlighting one of these Nashville areas so potential homeowners can learn about more about it.
This week, here are 5 need-to-know facts about West Meade:
- It’s popular – West Meade (and Hillwood, which is right next to it) has long been a desired area in Nashville. It’s close to Belle Meade, but far more affordable for most homeowners. It still has the close convenience to downtown Nashville with a much lower price tag.
- It has large lots – Another appealing aspect of West Meade is that many of the homes are on lots with at least one acre. These lots are also full of mature trees and landscaping, making it a gorgeous area for any homebuyer looking for nice sized yard.
- It’s great for families – With mostly either ranch-style homes or tear downs that have become modern homes, West Meade is composed primarily of families with a strong sense of community.
- It’s quiet – West Meade originally started as one of Nashville’s initial suburbs , providing a place where families could live close to downtown but with enough space to feel away from the hum of the city. And since the lots are large enough to keep space between neighbors as well, this remains an ideal place to steal some quiet time without moving to the country.
- It’s evolving – The area is experiencing an assortment of developments and businesses coming into the area , which appeal to young families. Since many older houses are being torn down and new home rebuilt, the style of the area is also evolving, moving from just the traditional ranch to a blend of traditional and contemporary styles.
Are you looking to buy a home in the West Meade area? Contact us today for list of available houses at DeSelms Real Estate 615.550.5565!