Buying a home in Nashville comes with a multitude of questions, especially if you are relocating or unfamiliar with an area. Real estate agents are often the main resource for a new homeowner and can be of great assistance in answering questions. However, the answers will depend entirely on the questions asked, and a stressed homeowner may overlook a key question or two.
Like every major city, Nashville has a wide variety of neighborhoods and surrounding areas. Each one offers pros and cons and has its own slightly unique “personality.” Each Friday, a post will be dedicated to highlighting one of these areas to let potential homeowners learn about Nashville.
This week, here are 5 need-to-know facts about buying a home in The Gulch area of Nashville:
- There are no single-family homes – The Gulch is a mixed-use development area, comprised entirely of high rises, condos, and apartment buildings, including several units that feel like loft-style living.
- It’s small – The whole neighborhood spans only a few blocks of Nashville, though it’s within walking distance to downtown Nashville. A homeowner would definitely still want a car if interested in exploring more of surrounding Nashville.
- It’s mostly single – Due to the lack of traditional housing and given that most of the amenities are related to nightlife and bar/restaurants, this is not an area where many families live. Rather, this is the spot for single adults looking to enjoy the opportunity to go out.
- It’s upscale – The Gulch is appealing in part because the area is small and selective. The living spaces available in the area are gorgeous and many offer stunning views of the city. The area was originally an industrial part of town. Now The Gulch has the most on-spot trends in combining the historic with modern to create a very chic setting.
- It’s green – The Gulch was one of the first developments to gain LEED certification for its design principles that included smart growth, urbanism and green planning. There are also plans for a greenway in The Gulch to further extend the biking and pedestrian opportunities.
The Gulch is a very exciting and trendy place to live, and a perfect fit for singles in the Nashville area. For more information or to view potential real estate for sale in The Gulch, give DeSelms Real Estate a call at 615-550-5565. We’d love to show you around and help you find the perfect home for you. You can also search the Nashville MLS here.