Buying a home in Nashville comes with a multitude of questions, especially if you are relocating or unfamiliar with the Nashville area. Real estate agents are often the main resource for a new homeowner and can be of great assistance in answering questions. However, the answers will depend entirely on the questions asked, and a stressed homeowner may overlook a key question or two.
Like every major city, Nashville has a wide variety of neighborhoods and surrounding areas. Each one offers pros and cons and has its own slightly unique “personality.” Each Friday, a post will be dedicated to highlighting one of these areas to let potential homeowners learn about Nashville.
This week, here are 5 need-to-know facts about 12th South:
- It’s Young & Hip – Similar to East Nashville, the 12th South area is also a recognized area for the trendy. It is considered an up-and-coming part of Nashville.
- It’s Mostly Houses – Housing options in this area still consist largely of single-family dwellings (often bungalow or craftsman style). There are a few townhomes currently, and the housing options could change in the future as plans for additional housing options are in the works.
- It’s Suitable For Families – The large number of homes lining the streets and the very popular Sevier Park make this a popular neighborhood for young families. Plus, it can actually be quiet in the neighborhood, unlike some of the more urban Nashville sections of town.
- Has Wide Variety of Local Businesses – There are a number of small, local businesses that are part of the 12th South community. Several of these independent shops and restaurants have been featured in national magazines such as Southern Living, adding to the area’s appeal for residents and visitors alike.
- It’s Close To Two Nashville Colleges – Both Vanderbilt University and Belmont University are within walking distance of 12th South so it’s not unusual to see college students roaming around the shops and eateries.
Hopefully these 5 facts about the 12 South area help shed a little light on this part of Nashville. If you’re looking to buy a home in Nashville, call DeSelms Real Estate 615.550.5565!