When buying a home in the Nashville area, homebuyers often have a great deal of questions. This is especially true if for those who are new to the Nashville area. REALTORS can be a great resource for a new homeowner and answer many of the common questions. However, getting the feel for an area is often tough to do based on just questions alone.
Like every major city, Nashville has quite a variety of and neighborhoods surrounding areas. Each section contains pros and cons, and each area certainly has its own unique “personality.” Today’s post is dedicated to highlighting one of these Nashville areas so potential homeowners can learn about more about it.
This week, here are 5 need-to-know facts about Music Valley:
- It’s close to downtown & the airport – One of the best parts of living in Music Valley is its location to both downtown Nashville and the Nashville airport, both of which are a quick interstate drive away.
- It’s very tourist heavy – This whole area is loaded with hotels, restaurants and country-music themed tourist attractions. The big ones include Opryland Hotel and the Grand Ole Opry.
- It doesn’t feel like a community– This area lacks in mom and pop shops and local businesses. It’s truly geared toward tourists and though nearly every Nashville resident winds up there periodically throughout the year (for concerts, shopping, etc) it’s missing the community sense of other Nashville areas. Certain specific neighborhoods can provide this however.
- It’s busy – Since so many people wind up in the area to visit, it stays pretty well populated at all times.
- It has a variety of housing options – There are a variety of housing options in Music Valley, from single family homes to apartments to condos and town homes. Many of the houses are quite affordable and offer a great place for families or individuals to start getting familiar with Nashville.
Are you looking for current listings in Nashville’s Music Valley area? See what’s available here or call DeSelm Real Estate today at 615.550.5565 to discuss other Nashville neighborhoods!