2017 is truly just around the corner. In fact, it’s under two weeks away! If you are one of the many Nashville homeowner considering selling next spring, it’s time to start preparing your house. Often, home sellers are reluctant to make upgrades before listing. We understand – the Nashville market has remained strong, even through the holidays – and why upgrade if you aren’t going to be the one living there soon? The truth is sellers who make upgrades and tackle even small remodeling projects are far more likely to have multiple offers and higher asking prices than those who don’t. Obviously, not all upgrades are worth taking on so it’s important to know which features home buyers want. Here’s what we’re noticing buyers are asking for in their lists:
- Hardwood floors – Homebuyers swoon over beautiful hardwood floors. While carpet may be preferable in bedrooms still, most home buyers are looking for hardwoods in the main living areas these days. Hardwoods tend to look cleaner and wear better than carpet too, which is why they are so desirable.
- Eat-in kitchen space – Formal dining rooms are still appreciated among home buyers, but what most people really want is a nice eat-in space in the kitchen where family and friends can gather. The more causal approach is well-suited for today’s fast-paced lifestyle.
- Open-floor plan – Much like the eat-in kitchen, homebuyers want a floor plan that fits with modern lives. That means most prefer open floor plans that allow for more connected living.
- Modern kitchen – Updated kitchens are still top of the list for most homebuyers. They want modern appliances, upgraded countertops and plenty of shelving options.
- Laundry room – Home buyers are looking for storage options. Pantries and walk-in closets are highly sought, but separate laundry rooms are the most asked for today.
Are you thinking about getting your house ready to sell in the spring? If so, call DeSelms Real Estate today at 615.550.5565 and see how we can help you!